Monday, March 1, 2010

Current Sweet Obsessions

I just can't get enough of bottomless cups of coffee the second I roll outta bed. Mini wheats, only the ones with a shit ton of frosting on 'em (stop laughing) (seriously, stop it, I blame Costco and their good deals entirely for my newly-established love/problem). 90210, it's gotten so bad I'm counting down the days till new episodes come back on via mental calendar... and phone. Apple, yogurt, cashew and honey parfaits. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, I just can't help myself. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? Well I can't imagine what three does... Victoria Beckham, need I say more? She's as beautiful as her I-would-be-all-over-that-like-butter-on-a-pancake-if-I-had-the-chance very nice and good-looking hubby, and don't even get me started on her denim line [in which I can afford an inch of fabric of]. Really, VB, if you're at all interested in being best friends in another life, just shout out to your girl. I'm all ears and have a unsigned contract permitting the paparazzi/you to move to Seattle if you have to ready and waiting to print on Microsoft Word. Call me! Vintage weddings. Or flickr'ing pictures of them and drooling uncontrollably, at least. It's a good thing I don't have a boyfriend at this point in my life or he'd be in trouble and be hinted at a 15k rock and hundred-year-old lace veils on a daily basis. I know I always say I'd rather be a bridesmaid any day, but c'mon... I think that was before I laid eyes on Vera Wang's mod collection. Adding sugar-free vanilla and cinnamon to my coffee. Cinnamon, period. Dr. Oz says it's healthy for our hearts, so basically I'm saving my life on the daily. See? Addictions really are healthy in the long run. Lily Allen. And -like music. Pandora knows my middle name at work even, what the hell is happening to me? Googling to-die-for New-York-Times-acclaimed recipes and rushing to my oven and pretending like I know how to cook in the first place. Baking, cookies in particular. I repeat: I don't know whether to blame it on something in the season or if this is a normal process of growing up, but I feel out of my element. It's incredible, I love it. Dreaming about sunshine. More than usual, I mean. Which leads to detailed springbreak '10 planning and etc. Craigslist shopping, and dragging my father out to buy his princess a pretty little VW consider what's a good deal and what's not for ME to buy on my OWN so I don't get SCAMMED by some creepy sales guy.

I also like experimenting with runway-model it-looks-like-a-tornado-just-hit-it,-but-it's-cute! hair, testdriving '03 Passats, thrift shopping, photography in/with/around mirrors, listening to Jessie James, intellectual conversations over a cup of joe, politics (and screaming at and asking Obama if he's stupid? in my head), sitting down and really thinking about where I'm going in life, and sugar. I'm craving sugar like no other lately and I don't know what's up, I'm not extra emotional/imbalanced so who knows.


I'm really into this getting-up-outta-my-chair and just going these days, too. I've done the lowkey phase, and I've done the go-out-every-weekend-after-work-and-drink-until-I-have-assured-an-allday-hangover-for-the-next-day phase, and quite frankly, I'm over both. I'm just interested in life right now. In exploring, in adventures, in satisfying my curiosity, in waking up to a fresh breath of air every day, in swinging on swings and walking on the beach barefoot. I'm finally happy. Lonely, but undeniably happy. I think this is what life is ultimately about, simplicity and appreciating the little things, because that's what defines my life at the end of the day anyway. Surprises, piggyback rides, unexpected letters in the mail, exchanging smiles with strangers, daisies mistaken for flowers, getting dirt in my fingernails, getting messy, and breaking the rules, just a little, enough to say you did it. "It is about absurdity."

Make your mark today, take a deeper breath than yesterday and hold that smile for just a second longer. Pray a little stronger, search a little deeper, love a little more. Just do it. You know you wanna...

No comments: