Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wake up and live.

I'm writing this to myself, I'm writing this to you, I'm writing this to the world. Sitting in "Idontgetit,buthelltextinganddaydreamingseemslikeagoodalternativetome" 5th period, I got to thinking. And if you know me, you know that I don't just slightly ponder about life. I'm someone who cuts deep into the weirdest thoughts imaginable and pounds 'em down, analyzing all possibilities, everything. As I was indulging myself in deep thought in the cloudy weather...

It just kinda hit me. This is it. This is life, I mean. We always think life's gonna start after we pass that test, after we get that guy, after we survive the week and rep the weekend. Keyword? AFTER. Life's not gonna begin when we want it to. Hellllllo 411, it already has. Welcome to reality, sweetheart.

For a long time it felt like I was waiting for life to begin. There always seemed to be an obstacle in the middle of my pathway. "Unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid."
Today it dawned on me these series of obstacles and "shit, I'm screwed"s are life. This is life. I'm not saying this is the best it's gonna get. If that was the case, we'd all have lost hope by now. But THIS IS IT. We all plan on having a better day tomorrow, finishing what needs to be finished later, following through with things we don't want to do . . . later. Not right now.


Do me a favor and stop waiting. Stop waiting for Friday night to come, for you to lose ten pounds, for summer. Life's NOT gonna be perfect when you've finally motivated yourself to lose weight. Sure it make be all "damnnn thats hot" at first, but Come. On. Get a grip and realize something:


There is no better time than right now to be happy.
Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

Bring OJ in a thermos to school. Get kinky in the afternoon. Go skinnydipping at midnight by yourself. Dance to some Bob Marley, take a Portland weekend roadtrip, live a little. Waste your time with people you want to spend it with. There's nothing better than wasting life away on company you don't even enjoy.

Realize this. Seconds are wasting away as we speak. Time's drowning and we're 5 minutes closer to death than we were 5 minutes ago. Don't get depressed over this thought, but instead let it act as motivation. Motivation to live. To go out and actually persue your life for a change.
Life is not starting tomorrow. Later. It's already began, I would suggest you go out





and live it.

No comments: